What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small block of data that is created by a server when you are browsing particular websites and placed in your device by the browser in use to identify your computer on a network. This ensures that a website can ‘remember’ you, your login information, your browsing history, your IP address, type of device being used, the number of times you visit the web pages and a number of other analytics.
(1) Customising the website to suit your preferences
(2) Allowing you to share our content on social media
(3) Improving speed and securing our website
(4) Ensuring that the interactive parts of our website are functional and accessible
(5) Collecting aggregated information for our user base
(6) Diagnosing problems in our server
What kind of information can a cookie not retain?
(1) Collect or retain any sensitive information
(2) Pay commissions
What are the types of cookies we use?
The cookies we use fall into the following categories:
(1) Necessary: These cookies keep the look and feel of the web pages intact. You are required to accept these cookies to access any information from our website. They are automatically taken off your device when you leave the website.
(2) Functionality: Some parts of the web pages, such as our interactive content, often require additional cookies to ensure functionality and accessibility. The same cookies also ‘memorise’ your preferences between visits, remember login information, etc. These cookies can be disabled but doing so might prevent you from accessing parts of our content. They also remain on your device till you manually clear them out.
(3) Information and Analytics: We use certain cookies to gather aggregated information and statistics regarding the traffic on our website in order to improve our services.
Please note that we may have contracts with third parties which require us to share the non-personal information collected from the cookies. As mentioned before, such information is retained in the form of aggregated analytics and cannot be traced back to you as an individual. If you click on a third-party link on our website you may be taken to their host website that has a different set of privacy rules and cookie policies. We do not take any responsibility for your privacy on those websites and encourage you to read their privacy statement for more information.
How can you manage your cookies?
You can manage your cookie preferences by manually changing your browser settings. In doing so, you will still be able to access our web pages but some features may lose their functionality.
You can also manage cookies by setting your preferences on the browser you use. Find out more about setting cookie preferences on popular browsers here:
(5) Microsoft Edge
(6) Internet Explorer
Name: Mr Ashwath Patil
Address: The Museum of Art & Photography
Sua House, 26/1 Kasturba Cross Road, Bengaluru 560001
Telephone no: +91 80 40535200