A cave temple in Ellora dating to the eighth century CE and discovered in 1876. Marked as Cave 11, it features carved images of the Buddha, Ganesha and Durga. It has a broad court and deep recessing halls, which have sanctuaries for images. Initially a congregational Mahayana Buddhist structure, it was later appropriated for Hindu worship. It was named Do Thal (literally, “two-storeyed”) since it was initially believed to have two levels; however, further excavation revealed three levels.